Study Shows We Are Born Creative Geniuses But the ‘Education’ System Dumbs Us Down

We are all born with a form of creative genius that gets conditioned out of us by the time we are adults.

We tend to think of K-12 schooling as a kind of babysitting institution that happens to ‘educate’ our kids to give mom a few hours in the day away from screaming children. But perhaps that’s not what’s intended on a deeper, more insidious level.

line line

School is not just an institution, but it’s a process, that has historically served the wants of the ruling class, not the common people.

Whether it be ancient Sparta, Germanic Prussia, or the more modern industrial American system, education has always served as a “lawful” means of mass indoctrination.

NASA and Divergent Thinking

NASA — who houses the world’s foremost space program and some of the brightest people on the planet — contacted Dr George Land and Beth Jarman to develop a highly specialized test that would give them the means to effectively measure the creative potential of their rocket scientists and engineers.

line line

As a result, the duo came up with an unorthodox test, rooted in the process of divergent thinking; which is the ability to look at a particular problem and propose multiple solutions.

NASA was very pleased with the efficacy of the test results, and so it proved to be a huge success.

But for Land and Jarman — who had obviously explored the concept of creativity in great detail whilst devising this test — they decided they wanted to explore and try to understand the true source of creativity better. Was it a genetic trait? The result of life experience?

Something else?

line line

Because the test Land and Jarman created for NASA was so simple, it could actually be applied to any age group. So they found 1,600 children between the ages of 4 and 5 and decided to measure their progress. What they found shocked them.

Out of the 1,600 kids that took the test, 98% of them scored at genius level! Excited by these incredible findings, the team decided to turn this test into a longitudinal study, and give the same group of children the same test again in 5 years time.

Once again their findings were quite shocking, but this time for conversely different reasons. Because these same children, by now in grade school, had rapidly declined to just 30%; a 68% reduction!

The same study was conducted again 5 years later on the same group of kids — by now in high school — and they had dropped all the way down to just 12%!

Disturbed, but still intrigued by this fascinating study, Land decided to conduct this same test on adults aged 25 and up (with an average age of 31). After numerous studies, what he invariably found, was that less than 2% of all adults scored at genius level.

And for those who question the consistency of these results — or think they may be isolated incidences — these results have actually been replicated more than a million times!

The implications of this profound study are rather self-evident, as my intro touched on.

The way children think pose the greatest threat of all to this corrupt system. Their “wild imaginations” are so intense and remarkable, that if left unchecked would result in a creative revolution that will ultimately compromise the ruling class’s proverbial game of monopoly.

In order for the so-called elite to maintain their lavish life style’s of overt luxury — where they contribute the least but enjoy the most — they understand that children must be dumbed down and brainwashed to accept (and even serve) their rapacious system of artificial scarcity, unending exploitation, and incessant war.

How Can I Rehabilitate My Mind?

According to George Land, based on all the studies he has conducted and all the brain scans he has looked at, we must learn how to judge less, and look to understand more. We must criticize less, and be curious more. He also cites fear and anxiety as being extremely counter-productive.

Some of the greatest ways to deal with these mental debilitations, is to engage in practices like yogameditation, and physical exercise, since they help to alleviate stress and anxiety.

They also inspire a process called neurogenesis — which is the creation of new brain cells. Diet also plays an important role in mental strength and overall wellbeing.

In fact, I recently wrote an article about how roughly 10% of serotonin (which helps to regulate mood) is produced in the brain, and the other 90% in the stomach.

Written by Gavin Nascimento, Founder Of aNewKindofHuman.com

Find me also on:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram


You may also like